Susan Pearson - Partner
Susan Pearson is the founder and managing partner of Pearson Family Lawyers. Consistently recognised as one of Australia's leading family lawyers, Susan has over 25 years' experience in family law and was one of the first family law specialists accredited by the Law Society of New South Wales.
Acting for high profile and high net worth individuals in complex property cases – including international financial cases – Susan provides a strategic approach to the management of negotiation and litigation. Her primary areas of expertise include:
- property settlements involving complex corporate and trust structures;
- advising and working with commercial, property and estate lawyers, and accountants in strategic asset planning; and
- dispute resolution through mediation and collaborative family law.
Susan has spoken and presented papers on family law issues to the media, professional associations and community groups.
She has been an expert witness in cases involving family law and a consultant to the Family Court of Australia in the formulation of practice and procedure. Susan is on the Register of Practitioners in the High Court of Australia and is a member of:
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Law Council of Australia
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Family Law Practitioners' Association
- Family Law and Family Rights Section LAWASIA
- Family Law Section New Zealand Law Society (Associate Member)
- Women Lawyers' Association of NSW
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Professionals (NSW) Inc
- Central Sydney Collaborative Forum
- European Family Justice Observatory
Susan is also a Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (IAML)